Saturday, November 10, 2007

A Swimming, Climbing Boogery Girl


Several weeks ago I reported that Emilia was not enjoying her swim lessons. Well, after she screamed through two lessons with her grandma, I decided to get into the water with her. Not one scream, which meant poor grandma had to sit on the sidelines and watch Emilia and I at swim lessons for the next several weeks. Today was the last class, which we had to miss because Emilia was too sick, but they’ve obviously paid off because she started blowing bubbles in the bathtub this week!

Not only has Emilia been sick, but our whole family has gotten the bug. First me, then Emilia, then Agustín. Thankfully I think we’re all in the recovery phase now. But it’s the first time Emilia has been sick, and although it’s just congestion, it’s been a pain. She has a face covered in snot whenever she wakes up and does not like the bulbous booger sucker one bit!

Emilia is constantly on her feet these days. Last week, when I found her pushing around the upside-down laundry basket, I realized it was maybe her way of saying, “Get me a walker toy, you cheapskate!” So, we borrowed this fun toy from a friend, and Emilia has been having a lot of fun with it. They say people resemble their pets, but I think in this case Emilia resembles her toy. Am I the only one who sees it?


Emilia has also become a big fan of climbing through, under and over furniture—the side table (see photo) and the legs of her high chair or the dining room chairs, in particular.

1 comment:

lissa said...

So I just opened a blogger account so that I could comment on your blog. Now tell me if you got my comment or not will Ya? I just never have much faith in me and the old (new in this case) technology! Night, Mom