Saturday, May 10, 2008

Helmet Head

Agustín got a Burley bike trailer for Christmas from my parents that he’s been itching to use with Emilia. Our local fire department sells bike helmets for a reduced price every Thursday evening, so the two of them went up there last week while I was at class to get Emilia a helmet to go biking with Papa. Well, apparently she was not a happy camper while getting fit for the helmet, so when they got home, Agustín got out his helmet and put it on (what a dad!). Seeing that, Emilia happily put on her helmet and didn’t want to take it off. Thankfully, Agustín even thought to snap a few pictures. Now, when Emilia sees her helmet in the garage, she says “hatta” and points to her head. When she did this while we were playing outside yesterday, I put it on her. Then she insisted I put mine on. So there we were, two helmet-headed lunatics with no bikes. If any neighbors saw us, they had to have been thinking I’m an extremely over-protective mother.

2 comments:

tita nany said...

OLE LAS NIÑAS BONITAS, SE ESTA PONIENDO MORENITA. ESTA PRECIOSA CON EL CASCO.
JAVI YA MONTA EN BICI Y PODRA LLEVARLA
UN BESOTE DE LA MADRINA, EL PADRINO Y JAVI

:kim said...

Ha! This one has me cracking up. First, that you and Agustin bought a discounted helmet from the fire department. But I'm really laughing at the visual of you and E. in your helmets on the lawn. I wish you had a photo of THAT posted.