Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Washington Visit

For my 30th birthday (which was at the end of June), my mom offered to take me on a trip. For numerous reasons, not the least of which because I was already leaving Agustín and Emilia for two-and-a-half weeks this summer, I chose to make it a long-weekend visit to my brother Devin in DC. I’d never been to DC, if you can believe it, so it was nice to see some of the iconic sights. And even more fun to see Devin and his girlfriend Noelle, and get a glimpse into their life on the east coast.

One of Devin’s jobs is as a bike tour guide, so he hooked us up with some free bike rentals, showed us around and shared lots of interesting tour guide lore. My favorite of the memorials was FDR’s (a bit off the beaten tourist track, but not far with bikes), shown in the photo above.

We were able to meet up with a friend of mine from the area, who I’d met earlier in the summer at SIIC. Above we’re all enjoying some music in the park before enjoying an amazing Asian-fusion dinner.
Here we are just before a morning of kayaking on the Potomac River.

No comments: