Monday, January 26, 2009

Belated Holiday Update

We arrived home one week ago from our three-week trip to Spain to visit Agustín’s family and I am just now getting caught up enough to update the blog. So, this is the first of many posts over the coming days. I’ll focus here on our holiday celebrations stateside.

We celebrated Christmas Eve with my immediate family, then Christmas day with my mom’s side of the family, which is a large and crazy bunch (there are ten kids in that family, all with their own kids and many grandkids now as well). My brother Devin was in town from DC with his girlfriend, Noelle, and her mother. And my brother Jordan announced he’d proposed to his girlfriend of approximately four years, Tara (ironic, I know). A huge congrats to them! Although Jordan headed off for a three-month internship in Chile (Patagonia) and Tara to Vail to work the winter season, I believe they are planning a September wedding. We are very excited to officially welcome Tara to the family!

This was, in a sense, Emilia’s first “real” Christmas. I say this because she is beginning to understand it, or at least the part of it that is most important to a two-year-old. She loved opening presents (highlights included a red outfit from China, an Obama doll, a hand-me-down rocking horse of Tara’s from when she was little, a piano and a bath-friendly doll) and still asks daily when we’ll see Santa again (despite the fact that she was petrified of the guy).

No comments: