Friday, March 5, 2010

Nine Months!

Our little boy is nine months old today! This is such a fun stage, even if his curiosity often does get the best of him (and us). Mateo has been crawling since five months of age, and has been pulling up on things and "cruising" (walking around by holding onto things) for about a month now. He likes to practie walking with his little push toy and just recently started pulling up on things and then going "no hands." And yesterday he crawled up his first stair. He is very ticklish and loves to laugh almost as much as we love hearing him do it. He also loves playing with the door stoppers ("boing!"), digging in the house plants, playing with the door on the DVD player, and, more than anything, chewing on shoes. We need to start taking babyproofing a little more seriously, I guess. Oh, and did I mention he gave himself a bloody nose the other day when he was just laying on his stomach on the hardwood floor and decided to bonk his face on the ground? How do you babyproof for that?! He's had the front two bottom teeth for awhile now, but the top two and a few others are suddenly making themselves known. As a result, Mateo has developed a fondness for Barbie--apparently her long, slender appendages make great teethers for those hard-to-reach back teeth. So, without further ado, here are some of my favorite recent pics of our growing little boy.




3 comments:

AnnMarie said...

OMG! Tara, I love those cheeks. He is so cute! My sister would not be happy that I'm repeating this, but she was a big Barbie hand chewer as well (and she was quite a bit older than 9 months at the time, if I'm recalling correctly!)

Megan said...

Tara- you are amazing. I don't know how you find the time to put this together. Mateo is so cute and had grow so much since I last saw him. I hope to see you guys soon and show off our so-to-be son.

Meg

:kim said...

Oh my, I can't believe he got even cuter. And he looks like a perfect mix of you and Agustin! Adorable.