Sunday, March 30, 2008

Belated Easter Update

This is a bit belated, but my mom just sent me these photos from our Easter celebration, and I wanted to post a few. We got together with the Minnesota faction of my dad’s family at my grandma’s house (Emilia’s one surviving great grandparent) on Easter. Emilia absolutely loved my grandma’s cat, Sugar, as you can see here (and Sugar tolerated Emilia).

Emilia loved the plastic eggs my grandma had hidden around her house. We took a few home and she practiced putting them together and taking them apart for a week. Below she's playing with one with Uncle Jordan.

And below Emilia gets a "zerbert" from Grandpa. You probably can't tell in this photo, but Emilia and Grandpa Scot are hair twins; Emilia's is just a cooler color and more "cute" than "Mafia."

In other news, Emilia is rapidly adding to her Spanish and English vocabulary, saying at least one new word daily. She loves repeating things and has recently repeated words and phrases as complicated as ‘Happy Birthday!’ and ‘applesauce.’ She kind of trails off at the end, but I think even an objective observer would identify what she’s saying. One day last week, on two occasions I smelled a stinky diaper and when I looked at Emilia, she looked up at me and said, clear as day, “Poop!” She’s making associations! What a proud day!

No comments: