Wednesday, June 3, 2009

39 Weeks!

I've officially reached 39 weeks today! I feel like a boat and look, literally, like I'm very unsuccessfully trying to sneak a watermelon (one of those melons that’s won a blue ribbon at the State Fair not for tastiness, but for being freakishly large) out of the store under my shirt. It’s embarrassing to admit, but I've even outgrown most of my maternity clothes (thank goodness I rarely have to look presentable these days). I am ready to not be pregnant anymore. Don't know if I'm ready for a newborn, but that's beside the point now.

I'm scheduled to be induced on Friday in an attempt to avoid some of the complications that ensued during Emilia's birth. The baby is growing about ½ pound per week at this point, so the sooner I go into labor, the more likely it is to go smoothly. So, hopefully by this weekend we’ll be the proud parents of not one, but two, beautiful healthy kids!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Today is your big day!! Can't wait to meet Lil' Agustin!