Thursday, June 25, 2009

Three Weeks

Mateo is now three weeks old. At his two week check-up (which he really had when he was about 2 1/2 weeks old) he weighed 8 lb. 13 oz., which is more than a pound more than he weighed at birth. I have a feeling he's going to become one of those chubby babies, rather than a skinny mini like his sister.

Agustín went back to work this past week, and so far so good, although my mom has helped out in one way or another almost every day, so it’s probably too early to say how it’s going with two kids at home.

I’ve noticed this blog is a bit like a television sitcom—when a baby comes along, the humor seems to disappear (have you noticed that?). I think I’m still a little too tired to be witty (I have to admit, I was debating between updating the blog right now and taking a nap). Therefore, without further ado, I’ll just post some of my favorite photos from the past week or two.

Mateo (with great uncle Barry) finds his thumb for the first time! I think it was just a happy coincidence, but hopefully he'll get the hang of this habit soon (Emilia started sleeping 12 hours straight during the night as soon as she began sucking her thumb)!

As mentioned in a previous post, Emilia has started nursing her baby doll--burp rag, nursing pillow and all! (Authenticity is important to her, I guess.)

Above and below: Two cute pictures Agustín snapped when he and Emilia spent the morning at Como Zoo.

I've heard many women say that when their husbands watch the kids, they are unable to do anything else (as in, "I couldn't do the laundry because I was watching the kids.") As can be seen above, that is certainly not the case with my husband!

Above and below: Emilia loves "tummy time" with Mateo. When I told her that this was Mateo's way of exercising, she attempted to teach him some yoga (which she learned at school). Those of you who have done any yoga might recognize the "happy baby" pose below. Needless to say, Mateo hasn't mastered much yoga yet.


I think I have more pictures of my mom with my kids than photos of me with my kids.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Agustin is putting all husbands to shame! Your little guy looks so long! I'm sure he'll be big like his daddy. Love the pic of Emilia nursing her baby.

:kim said...

The photo of Agustin with the lawnmower and baby is totally cracking me up. Love it!