Thursday, May 27, 2010

School's Out for the Summer....School's Out Forever (well, kind of)

May has come and almost gone. I passed my oral preliminary exam and prospectus for the PhD in April, then completed my final course at the beginning of May. That means I've completed every requirement for the PhD except that pesky little thing called the dissertation. It means my basic research plan for said dissertation has been approved. I will be collecting data in the fall, which will include a trip to Spain and one to Senegal (the former probably as a family and the latter solo). I'm hoping to officially become a "Dr." two years from now, if all goes according to plan. In the meantime, I am going to try not to stress too much over my research plans this summer, and plan to spend a lot of quality time with the family. These are just a few photos from earlier this month to demonstrate we're off to a good start.

No comments: